- Info Hub
Event: Himalayan Paramotor Yatra, 12-23 January 2011
Theme: Flying from a very low terrain to the highest peaks, ranging from the height of 60mtrs to 3,300mtrs above the Himalayan with covering distance 465 km in the heard of Nepal. The word “Yatra” refers to tour, travel or expedition in Sanskrit language. The proposal of the championship is to open Nepal for flyers and reinforce friendship amongst pilots and nations.
Organizer: Nepal Air Sport Association (NAA) in association with Avia Club Nepal (member of FAI), the pioneer organization in Air sports in Nepal is pleased to host the Himalayan Paramotor Yatra to Nepal, 2011 January.
Site location: The Paramotor Cross - Country Yatra will start from the very beautiful capital city of Nepal, Kathmandu (4,300ft height) amongst a grand opening ceremony “Together with Tourism” of Nepal Tourism Year 2011. The event will witness thousands of live spectators along with various cultural programme. The second leg of the tour will then continue to Bharatpur, Lumbini, ending at Pokhara with flight to back of Machhapuchhre footage . Most of the take offs and landing will be done on a grass field, football ground and even at national airports.
Access: Access to the Event site is easy. Your final destination of International Flight is Tribhuvan International Airport. The organizer will receive you and guide you throughout the entire contest.
Sporting License: All pilots and aircraft must be legal according to their national regulation, FAI Licenses are recommended.
Entry Requirement: - Reserved parachutes are mandatory.
- Some flight will be over quite extreme terrain, the minimum requirement is 150 hours Paramotor experience and preference will be given to pilots who have competed FAI Category 1 Championship.
- The competition will consist of simple navigation and economy tasks in the FAI style on the cross-country flight and enhanced precision tasks for spectator at each stopping place. The task catalogue will be published later.
- GPS for navigation is permitted, and recommended, but all pilots should also be equipped with an AMOD logger; some will be available to rent for a small fee. In case you want to buy yourself, we recommend you to logon to www.flymicro.com/AMOD.
- Entry must be made on the official Entry form.
- If applications, with fees paid are not received by application deadlines, the entry may be refused. For more details please contact the organizer.
Insurance: Here are the provisions for insurance:
- All the pilots have to show a full proof of hold third party insurance valid in Nepal.
- The organizers are not responsible for any other injury, loss, theft or damage to persons or property.
- Travel insurance (First party insurance) is highly recommended. In case there is problem to buy from pilot’s own country, organizer can manage. This is possible but not advisable, because comparing to the cost it becomes much more to buy here.
- Organizer may refuse entry if pilot fails to show proof.
Radio Frequency: Participants must bring their own Radio VHF (aviation range is recommended or PMR).
118.6 MHz (Kathmandu)
118.3 MHz (Bharatpur)
123.8 MHz (Pokhara)
Fuel: Fuel and Lubricants are within entry fees. Regarding lubricants, due to various problems by Air Regulations, it may be difficult for pilots to bring two stroke oil. List of lubricants available are listed below. Pilots are free to bring their own as their necessity. We use this Lubrication for our aircraft.
- Castrol 2T, Durable Protection
Custom entry: For Pilots who will send their equipment by cargo. The person from Ministry of Tourism & Civil Aviation assigned at customs will assist you to temporarily bring your equipment and do all necessary custom clearance. We just require your passport, pilot license and proof of ownership with legible equipment serial number.
No of Pilots: The numbers of pilots have been limited to 40 seats only. Registration will be closed if the quotas are fulfilled.
Entry Form: Entry forms are included in this Bulletin. You may also download the same from our official website www.hpy2011.aviaclubnepal.com. The full list of participants shall be published in Bulletin 2.
Application deadline: The application deadline is till 1st November 2010. Applications received later than 1st November 2010 shall not be entertained.
Event Date: January 12th – 23th, 2011
Official Language: English
Award/Certificate: All participants will be given appropriate awards, Certificate and Souvenir at the closing ceremony of the event.
Flags and Anthems: All participants must bring 2 national flags, 1 for the display on opening and closing ceremony and 1 for towing on Air Show in different place on the cross country rout. Flag size should be approximately 150 X 225 cm.
Accommodation and Meals: Various qualitative hotels will be booked for our participants.
Transportation: The organizer will provide daily transportation service throughout the contest. Final Route, Maps, charts and direction will be provided shortly.
Captain Stephen Shrestha
Nepal Air sport Association (NAA) President
Mrs. Natasha Shrestha
Captain Alexander Maximov
Public and Press: The Air Show will be the main highlight of the Nepal Tourism Year 2011 inauguration event and thus, it is expected to receive maximum coverage in almost every electronic and print media.
Regular Press Meets and Press Releases will further cover the event in all places proposed.
Organizer shall appoint one of the leading National Television and Print Media as Official Media Partner which will continuously cover the every day event.
Websites: The official website for the event is www.hpy2011.aviaclubnepal.com which will contain all information related to the Championship. This site will be regularly updated and information will be regularly posted as required. Alternative and informative website is www.nepalairsport.org.
Official Correspondance: Championship: Himalayan Paramotor Yatra, 2011
Avia Club Nepal
Mustang chowk, Pokhara
City office: +977 – 61- 462192
+977 - 61- 461986
Contact email: email@example.com
TEL: +977 -1- 4431078